Friday, November 21, 2008

Tres Leches cake



We ran out of cupcakes at home so I wanted to make something new. I decided to try my luck on a Tres Leches cake.

So I mixed up a batter of old-fashioned pound cake because I wanted a really dense cake for this. It would suck up more milk this way.


I didn't use a recipe that I already had for the milk mixture but I knew it had milk, evaporated milk and condensed milk. I used 2 cups of regular milk and one can each of the others. I wisked them together, along with a tablespoon of rum.

After the cake cooled I cut a square out to plate it. The I poked holes on the top of the cake to help the milk seep through. I poured about a cup and a half of the milk on to the cake. I made sure it was soaked with the milk.
Garnished with whipped topping, drizzled with my homemade dulce de leche and strawberries. The family loved it. My sister who is allergic eggs didn't want to stop eating it even though it was making her mouth itch. What a soilder...


I'm going to make a cupcake version of this.... It was yummy.

No comments: