Monday, November 24, 2008

Be Mine Cupcakes

I bought 100% cacao chocolate bars and I wanted to try it on some dark dark chocolate cake. What better than to try it on cupcakes? I also went to the Farmers Market and purchased some fresh raspberries. Hmmmm... raspberries and chocolate??? Sounds romantic.

So, here are the cupcakes ready to be frosted with some yummy raspberry buttercream.


I couldn't find a recipe for raspberry buttercream so I had to invent my own. How fun! What I did was puree the raspberries with some water and cornstarch and I put it in a sauce pan to simmer down to a reduction. I should have put the cornstarch later because it thickened quickly and I would have liked the raspberry syrup stronger in taste but it was okay.


I know it's a little bright but this is what the buttercream looked like pre-frosting. I also added some delicious Chambord which intensified the raspberries.

Note: No artificial flavors or colors here!


Mmmmmm... Tell me this doesn't say "Be mine".

No comments: