Monday, November 10, 2008

Julieanna


I had to make a cake for my niece's Christening this past weekend. My sister-in-law didn't choose a kind of cake she wanted so I decided to make my oh-so-delicious Red Velvet cake. I only had one 12 inch round cake pan so I had to make 3 seperate batches. Here was my system...
Combine ingredients as directed
Bake
Cool
Release from pan

Repeat 2x's more
It was a long night...


The frosting I used was my own concoction. It's my very own Mascarpone Cream Cheese frosting.



I decorated the cake the next day with flowers that I had made ahead of time out of fondant. I didn't use gumpaste because, well, I didn't have any and I was already pressed for time. I thought fondant would be okay.
Hmm... a little royal icing in the middle and these should come out nice!



All done. Now I just have to get ready...

Disaster...



The fondant melted. The cake is ruined!

I pulled myself together and I went to church to watch my niece get christened into the church. Of course I can't relax because there is a huge cake at home melting and I have to present this to my family.

After church I rush to Michael's and picked up a roll of ribbon.



I still came out all right. I was a little disappointed because I had something else in mine but... you live and you learn! Don't use fondant flowers on frosting... The flowers on top was all right and they used to hold a shape but because flat and the sides started to ooze but I don't think anyone noticed.



The cake served it's purpose... rest in peace.

No comments: