Sunday, November 9, 2008

Almond macaroons

So, I decide to try my luck with almond macaroons. The recipe I have is a real simple one which consists of almond paste, sugar and egg whites. Mix, mix, mix and this is what I got.


Okay, so it didn't magically end up in the pastry bag but that is the whole batch which I cut down four times because I didn't know how it was going to turn out. Directions then tell me to pipe them onto parchment paper in quarter sized mounds.



Nice. Not really. I'm not very trained with the piping but those are satisfactory to me! All right... into the 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for 10 minutes.


Hollow macaroons... I don't think that's right. Well, that is the first batch. Let's try again.


Hmmm... they're okay... They were a little chewy but I loved the strong almond flavor. It was my first time using almond paste and I'll definitely use it again. These not the macaroons I was hoping for but I do have another recipe for another day.


By the way, my grandma attacked these and she was oh so satisfied.

Here is the recipe I used. The recipe is already cut down and it makes about 40 macaroons.

8 oz Almond paste
8 oz Sugar
3 oz Egg whites

Blend all ingredients together. If the mixture is too stiff for a pastry bag use a little bit of egg whites to soften it.

Try dipping these cookies in melted chocolate or white chocolate. They taste incredible.

No comments: