Saturday, December 6, 2008

PAC-MAN Cupcakes... Weee are the champions, my friend...

...and we'lll keep on fiiighting, till the end...

In honor of the huge Manny Pacquiao (PAC-MAN) and Oscar De La Hoya fight in Las Vegas, which we were able to watch via PPV, I decided to make PAC-MAN cupcakes because we are huge PAC-MAN fans. This wasn't something that I've been planning for weeks. I just woke up today, excited about the fight, and thought "Hey, I should make some cupcakes today...". 

My lil sis helped me make PAC-MEN out of gumpaste while I worked on the cake and frosting.
 

I made white cake for the cupcakes and I decided to make a Nutella frosting to top them off. One is missing because my dad swiped one when I wasn't looking. These were fresh out of the oven, too. 


Here they are just waiting to be PAC-MANed...


Ta-dah! PAC-MAN Cupcakes!!! 

He so won by the way for those who didn't know. 8th round De la Hoya called it quits. It was so awesome. Man, if only I had placed some bets... A lot of my friends were lucky enough to go... lucky for me I'm a Mommy now and I have responsibilities =) While they were in the arena cheering him on from seats that were too far away to see him or De la Hoya's swollen face, I was at home, sitting comfortably on the couch watching every blow land with sweat splattering off of their faces on my LCD HDTV. Man, lucky them... 

No comments: