Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mocha Chiffon Cake


These are 10 egg whites ready to be whipped into a meringue so they can be folded into the chiffon batter. My poor sister won't be eating this cake because she's allergic to them. I love chiffon cakes. They're so light and airy and you don't feel too bad about eating them! My plan is to make it in many flavors as I possibly can.

I first discovered the chiffon from a neighbor that used to bake up these heavenly delights but unfortunately they don't anymore for some unknown reason. They made this mocha chiffon cake, filled with macapuno (young coconut) and covered with this to-die-for frosting and ground almonds. I begged them to make that cake for me for my baby shower but they thought up of every excuse not to. I was so sad when I realized that they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't bake that cake ever ever again, for no one. I'm guessing they baked it so many times that they just got plain sick of it. That's a really understandable reason. Like when I was pregnant, I made hot dogs every single night and now I don't even want to look at another hot dog. I asked for the recipe but they made it clear that they were taking that recipe to their graves. Lucky for me, I'm pretty good at figuring out how to make certain foods. Yes, I solved the mystery. I first solved the frosting mystery which I use on most of my "kreations" and then I tackled the cake. In respect for them, because I've known them for so long and they're close family friends, I'm not going to reveal that secret but I will reproduce it for friends and family who request it.

Here's the batter, ready to be panned and put in the oven. That utensil in the batter is my favorite spatula. It's by the Wilton line and it's made especially for the stand mixer bowls. I love it.

Finished product. This was for first try but they only thing I didn't get right was that I didn't put enough of the secret ingredient haha. I wanted it to look pretty so I through some roses on it. This was delicious...

No comments: