Friday, December 12, 2008

Iron Cupcake SF # 1 Aftermath

Man, did I have a good time at Iron Cupcake SF. I met some pretty cool cupcake lovers like myself and I got to eat their yummy ummy cupcakes. I also got to meet Chelsea who put together the whole thing together and she is so awesome. I don't know if she reads this but just in case she does, "Thanks, Chelsea! We'll see you next month!" 

I didn't quite leave Stockton early enough so my buddies and I could check out the other cupcakeries in Frisco. We traveled down Union Street looking for this certain bakery but couldn't spot it because it was so tiny but I caught a glimpse of it as we decided to just head to Leland Tea Company's for Iron Cupcake because we were running late. Dang it. Next time. 

So, we get there and Leland's is so cute. I wish we got there earlier so I could have tried their tea sandwiches. I had their Tiffany's blend which was so delicious. It's an English tea with milk and honey and I'm so ordering that again. I wish I could have taken a picture of the bathroom because it was adorable. It had like a French countryside feel to it. I love cute bathrooms. 

Judging starts and everyone was invited to eat and judge cupcakes. Even the customers who didn't know what was going on were invited. The more the merrier! I love watching people enjoy cupcakes.

I hope to get to know everyone more next time. It was my first time so I didn't know how to approach people but the ones that I actually talked to were really nice. I hope I don't forget their names... that would be so embarrassing.

Oh, and one last thing...

I GOT SECOND PLACE!!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm proud of my cupcakes and I'm glad people liked them. I don't care if I got any place, just as long as people got their piece of cake.

Check out my Flickr site for pictures of the event!


"Let them eat cake!" - Maria Antoinette

2 comments:

Norrolhuda Sharif said...

Congratulations Kell! Your cupcakes looks delicious..

Kingdom Cake said...

Kell I am just now reading this...you are too nice!!! I wish you loved closer to me. How often do you make it to the city? I am so smitten over you right now!