Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Friday... Another Lesson...


So, I'm just sitting here, surfing the web, waiting for my son to get up so I can get him ready so we can go to my boyfriend's sisters house for a little soirĂ©e they're throwing for their nice and my son. I don't want to wake him up because... well... if any of you have kids and you woke up your little ones from their slumber, oh...my... God... forget about having any peace for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I just got done with my sister's cupcakes that she wants to bring to her Christmas party. I decided to use AP flour instead of cake flour this time to see if there was any kind of difference between them. I knew there was going to be some but it was a BIG one. I like my cakes a little on the light and airy side but these came out more dense then I would have liked them, more dry also. Dense is perfect for chocolate cakes, which I made for the cupcakes so it was all right but the lesson here is that the flour makes the difference. I'm sure all of you groovy bakers knew that already but I'm the kind of person that needs to see it to believe it. In this case, eat it to believe it. 

Anyway, I had left over white chocolate buttercream so I used on the cupcakes. White on black. Nice.

No comments: